Friday, June 20, 2014

Release {5 minute friday}

Release - action
the word release just brings an action to mind. a cause and effect.
Re - lease
it means:  to set free from restraint, confinement, or servitude <release hostages> <release pent-up emotions> <release the brakes>; also :  to let go :  dismiss <released from her job>
  to relieve from something that confines, burdens, or oppresses <was released from her promise>
  to give up in favor of another :  relinquish <release a claim to property>
 
how about we release some forgiveness. think about it. when I hold someone in un-forgiveness,  I am holding them in restraint, or hostage. when I hold someone in un-forgiveness it confines me and burdens me or bring oppression to me.
 
it is time to release the captives that we have been holding. To relinquish control over someone by not forgiving them and release the claim on them.
 
The word tells us that what is bound on earth is bound in heaven. did you ever think that you could be holding forgiveness bound in heaven by not releasing it here on earth. You are basically binding forgiveness by not releasing it. ouch !
 
so let us be people of release - release the brakes and let go - let go of hurt, disappointment, things people said or did. it doesn't excuse their behavior or make what they did ok. not by any means. but you deserve to be free. you deserve to lie in release.
Doesn't the word spoken just begin to bring freedom to you.
 
like tons of weights being taken off your back, or hundreds of balloons of cares just floating away.
 
I release forgiveness over {insert name or names here}. I relinquish control over {insert the situation here}. I set myself free from the restraint of un-forgiveness.
 
I think this is the only word that the cause and effect are the same - freedom.
 
that's what I am praying for you today friend as you experience release. I would love to hear from you as you seek release today. leave me a note or comment.
 
just release.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Amen.
    May we be people who release.
    That we may live free.
    (love your thoughts, friend.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really needed to hear this today. I was able to release a situation that I'd been holding onto with hurt feelings and some pride, through your prompt. Thank you so much for answering your call, and writing today! So glad I found you this morning- FMF

    ReplyDelete