Thursday, October 30, 2014

creamy lentil soup



I made this delish soup last night for house church, and I must say it was just as good or even better today for lunch. While I was making it, I had to be creative and spontaneous with some of the ingredients. It got me thinking that this is how our life should is. We often don't have the right ingredients at the right time, but if we just ask God, he always has an ingredient which usually turns out way better than the my original plan. We need to plan and organize, but we also need to keep our ears and heart open to what the God plan is, and we need to quickly walk and do what He tells us.






Creamy Crock Lentil Soup    


1 c. dry lentils
3 or 4 medium carrots - chopped or sliced

4 stalks of celery - chopped (I use the whole thing..leaf part and all)
1 med or large onion - chopped
6 cups water
2 cans of evaporated milk
4-6 teaspoons of beef boullion granules


lots of seasonings - basically I use lots of crazy janes' mixed up salt, pepper, garlic salt, parsley and chives




throw it all in the crock pot and cook low 6-8 hours




I added cornstarch to thicken slightly - but you don't have to










No comments:

Post a Comment