Thursday, May 23, 2013

shipwrecked. beaten. prosperous.

shipwrecked. beaten. prosperous. what do these 3 words have in common? This is who Paul describes his life, or one of his journeys. Just to get to Rome, which he considered a prosperous journey, he was in chains, beaten, and shipwrecked, yet considered this prosperous?
do we consider our lives prosperous ?
 do we understand the word as it tells us; Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
what does that look like? to have your soul prosper? can my soul be rich? is it all about what we are looking at and what we consider prosperous?
what would you think if I told you, you are part of your life being prosperous?
Psalm 141 tells me to 'let my gaze be fixed upon you'. What does that look like to fix my gaze on Jesus, to look contently at him, to focus on His face, to meditate on Him. Is this the key to being prosperous?
by keeping my focus on him. if blessings come from obedience and obedience comes from hearing his voice, don't I have to gaze at him to hear?
if prosperity is a blessings as written in Duet. 28 and the command was to obey the voice, wouldn't it be easy to hear if I was fixing my gaze on him?
wow - revelation !! can't you always hear someone better if you are face to face?
"But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.’ "
(jer. 7:23)
let's dig in. for it to be well with me, I am to obey the voice of God, and walk in that obedience.
this blessing of prosperity comes from hearing and obeying.
 Isn't this the example that Paul is giving us? hearing. obeying. prosperity. notice it doesn't say comfortable and lots of stuff. maybe prosperity is a state of being rather than a level to reach?
so today I am shipwrecked. beaten. but prosperous.

No comments:

Post a Comment