Monday, May 27, 2013

Freedom

I am thankful to God for the freedom that comes through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 7:25

Today, as we reflect on our freedom, most of us think of our politic freedom. And I am so very grateful for all branches of military and those who served to bring us this freedom. May God bless all of you, past, present and future.

But, how many of us think on a daily basis of the freedom we have in Jesus? Or maybe you really don't feel very free spiritually?

When I think of the ultimate price that Jesus, as a man, paid for us, today to live free, it brings me to my knees. Every drop of His blood was for freedom. Every piece of flesh that was ripped off of him, was for my freedom to love and be loved by Him. Every nail that was pounded into his body onto a the cross, was for me, so that I would never have to take that pounding, but could freely come to the cross and die. die to my shame. my sin. my past. my guilt. my freedom. yes. even my freedom isn't free if I do not know how I received it.

so today, are you free. truly free.

it was for freedom that Christ has set you free.

live loved and live free.

No comments:

Post a Comment